Thursday 18 July 2013

Day trip to Brey

Today I got to spend my work day on a day trip with one of the women's groups to Brey. It is about a 1/2 hour train ride from Dublin and goes along the coast. It was really pretty once we could start to see the water. I started to get acquainted with some of the women. I'm really glad they are taking well to two American intern girls being here. The beach was lovely and I can now say that I have been in the Irish Sea! It's mostly rocks but there is a bit of sand that we walked along. There is a hill called Brey's Head that has a large cross on the top that we started to walk up, but we did not go all of the way unfortunately. A lot of the women commented on how hard of a climb it is up this "mountain"...being a Colorado girl I thought it would have been nothing! The women really enjoyed sunbathing though because they don't get the chance to do that a lot here. It was really sunny, hot and beautiful today. Perfect.

 I'm excited to get to know the women more and hear their stories. I am also excited for this weekend. My housemates and I have booked a tour in Galway and the Cliffs of Moher!! I'm super excited so stay tuned for more about that.




No comments:

Post a Comment