Thursday 1 August 2013

An American Night Out

This week hasn't been anything too special. I have just been going to work and coming home to relax because I have been really tired. The other night I officially met the other American housemate, though. Her name is Greer and she is working at a children's camp for the summer. We get along well which I was really happy about!

Last night she invited me to go with her and her other American friends from work to the Jameson Distillery. I have been wanting to go there not because I'm a huge whiskey drinker, but because I thought it would be cool to check out...and when in Ireland you have to have at least one taste of Jameson. So we all met up after work, but unfortunately the last tour was sold out so we couldn't go through. The gift shop and the bar were still open though so we walked around and then, of course, got some drinks at the bar. They had all these specialty Jameson cocktails so each of us decided to get a different one so we could try them all. Mine is the one in the martini glass...a Jameson Caramel Manhattan...yummy stuff!














I'm a little bummed we didn't get to do the tour because it was a really cool looking place just in the entrance, but I have plenty of time to go back and now I know to buy my tickets in advance. 





The floor was see through in the entrance and there was some cool stone structure underneath



We all went out to dinner afterwards and then just went and sat in a pub and another one of Greer's friends happened to be there so we just sat and chatted for awhile. You have no idea how happy I was to be with other Americans! I really do like my housemates and hanging out with them, but it is so nice to be able to have fluent conversation. You take it for granted. They are here for about 3 more weeks so I am hoping we can all hang out more and have some fun! We ended the night at a pub where a live band was playing traditional Irish music which was the perfect way to end the night! (and there was a trip to Burger King...which seems to be becoming a habit after a night out). t

Anyway...I have some exciting news...I'm going to La Rochelle in France this weekend!! Mathilde lives there and she really wanted me to come visit before she goes back to school so I am going out on Saturday and coming back Wednesday! I am really excited to see a completely different place in Europe, and to  hang out with Mathilde (and her family) who I think will be a very good friend who I keep in touch with. So look forward to lots of pictures and a blog post about that next week...so until then, Au Revoir!

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for a post.....Ooh La La. Have fun in France!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete