Friday 2 August 2013

Balrath Wood

Today we went with the women and kids from SAOL to Balrath Wood. There is a walking path that goes through the forest that we all took and near the end we stopped for a picnic and played games with all the women and kids which was fun.

 I was mostly excited to just get out of the city for a bit and enjoy nature. The forest feels very mystical and enchanted...if leprechauns and fairies really do exist then they would definitely live in Balrath Wood! It was great being surrounded by huge trees that had vines wrapped around the trunks. It was so green and beautiful. Although the forest has a completely different feel, it did make me miss the mountains and hiking back home. It was just great to be outside and soak up some Irish forest air.










Overall, it was a good day...I'm really exhausted but excited to leave for France tomorrow for a long weekend holiday! I think I am supposed to get a new roommate tonight, so hopefully she's cool. Also, the new Italian housemate likes to walk around with his shirt off...last night he just sat at the dinner table shirtless while eating his pasta. Greer and I thought it was pretty funny. We think he's showing off in this house full of girls, but I don't think any of us are too impressed haha. 



No comments:

Post a Comment