Friday 16 August 2013

The Hard Times

What a week. Honestly, this week has been really rough on me. Homesickness, exhaustion, and emotions have all caught up with me, leaving me feeling defeated. 

My two American friends Katie and Greer, who I have gotten really close to particularly in this past week, are going home this weekend. It kind of sucks because we were hanging out every day and now I'm going to be back at square one making friends. Hearing them talk about going home also made me really homesick. It kind of makes me just want to pack up my bags and come home...I just have 3 weeks left, though, which will fly by so I know I'll be ok. We've had good times together...lots of laughter, gossip, Breaking Bad and wine. I'm really glad I met them and I hope we can stay in touch and maybe visit each other. 

Sleep hasn't been too great this week, leading to me being extremely exhausted every morning making the 3 hours I spend surrounded by 10-12 energetic, rambunctious children difficult. I actually cried the other day at work because everyone could tell I haven't quite been myself this week, and a couple of the ladies finally broke me. They have given me a break from the children's center for the past couple of days, so I have been with the women which has helped a bit I think. Don't get me wrong, I love the kids...they are precious and can be a lot of fun, but they're a lot of work, especially when I'm already in a funk. 

I could really just use a hug, a glass of wine and a pinata to break with my girlfriends (they know what I'm talking about!) I think this weekend I'm just going to take it easy because my mind needs a break...too many emotions this week. I'm hoping to go to a comedy show tonight. After all, laughter is the best medicine they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment